Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh man...

Today was the All Saints Day Celebration with Peace Warren, St. Luke CT and St. John, Fraser. All things considered, the event went very smoothly. I hope some of you were able to attend this morning!

I had jonah's Wailers today instead of band, since the band played this morning and their class was yesterday in preparation for the event. We started our songs for Christmas and for their Festival which occurs in late Feb (or early March) this year. We are doing the songs from the Christmas play and the two songs for festival are All Good Gifts and Beautiful Savior, in SSA. It should be very beautiful!

3rd grade music was all messed up today because over half the class was at a Brownie field trip. SO basically I had a class full of boys! We continued on in our pursuit of learning how to read the piano keys and we learned how many notes are in one octave today!

8th grade bells started learning their Christmas songs, one is called Joyful Canticle and the other is called Christmas Joy. How hard is this counting: 1-2 3-4 and 1!!! AHHHHH I about lost my cool when they couldn't put together the concept that they were supposed to be playing: "Joy to the World"!! but I am ok now, because by the end of class, they got it. I just want them to be able to think for themselves!

Great Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment